Dear Gosport Regatta Faithful,
As much as we delayed to hope for improvement in the forecast it did not. Safety first whether on the Laighton or in the competition. Piscataqua Sailing Association reps, Star Island staff, and the Isles of Shoals Steamship Company are unanimous in our decision to POSTPONE this event until September 28-29 and make it an end-of-season celebration. We agree that great memories will bring you back year-after-year and September is memorable as a glorious time of year to be out in the salt air.
There is no need to re-register for the Gosport Regatta. Your registration remains active and open for September. If you prefer to withdraw from the event we understand. You may simply email our registrar Mike Bray at email@example.com and let him know. Please direct any race-related questions to officials at Piscataqua Sailing Association or check their website for more information. I have included web addresses for your convenience:
There are still vacancies aboard the Laighton for spectators and over-night guests and PSA is also welcoming more boats. So, call your friends and tell them there’s a new date and plenty of time to get in on the fun! Everyone who came to the Sponsors and Skippers Reception last night will agree – FUN!
Thanks for your patience and understanding. See you in September!
Warm (albeit soggy) regards,