This document is the official three-year plan which began January 1, 2011. It provides strategic direction for the Star Island Corporation in order to advance the work of its mission. It also supports pragmatic decision-making by the Board in a manner that reflects the best interests of the Corporation.
Corporation Members collectively agree to be the most responsible for the ongoing well-being of Star Island Corporation.
As a Corporation Member you:
- Learn about the inner workings of Star and help plan its future
- Attend and vote at the Annual Meeting held each spring
- Meet dedicated, talented people from all the conferences
- Work closely with Star Island’s exceptional Staff and Board Members
- Advance the work and communication of the corporation by participating on committees and in work groups
- Make a meaningful financial contribution to the upkeep of Star Island
When corporation members participate at meetings and on committees as they are able and give according to their means, they provide leadership for other Shoalers to do so.
Our bylaws permit a membership of up to 400 persons and we currently have just over 300 members. If you or someone you know is interested in joining, please take a look at our membership criteria and nomination packet. Applications are due each year by January 15th.