Become part of Shining the Star – Ensuring the Future. Perhaps you have been a donor to Star Island to attend a conference. Or maybe you came to volunteer for open-up or during the season. Or maybe you came out as a day or overnight guest. No matter how you come to Star, you are a Shoaler, and you understand two things about Star Island:
- We depend upon the generosity of our donors to fill the gap in costs to operate that room and board charges are not sufficient to cover.
- The island requires the infrastructure of a small town from making our own water to generating power to provide electricity. These facilities and all of 37 buildings on Star Island are costly to protect and preserve. Central to the need for the capital campaign is the opportunity to make capital improvements that will protect facilities for now and the future. Remember, Star Island is on historic registers at the national, state, and local levels.
As you will see in the campaign case found on the Capital Campaign page, many capital projects have already been completed including a new roof for Oceanic, renovations to the exterior of Cottage A, and creation of the new Memorial Courtyard. We have been able to do this because of the early and forward-thinking gifts of Shoalers who have great faith in Star’s future. I hope their example inspires you.
You can help by taking the following steps:
- Support this comprehensive campaign for the Star Island Annual Fund and the Shining the Star – Ensuring the Future campaign by making a gift, maybe even pledging a gift for three years, or doubling your current pledge.
- Spread your own enthusiasm like a wild contagion to others you know who also care about Star Island!
- Come back to a conference on Star this summer and participate enthusiastically in the “7 MINUTE CELEBRATION.”
Donate to Star Island and enter to win!
Join the 2012 Combined Annual Fund and Capital Campaign Appeal and be entered into a drawing to win valuable prizes!
It’s simple! Just increase your gift, make a multi-year pledge, and return your pledge form prior to Sept. 30, 2012, to be eligible.
Drawing to be conducted at noon on Dec. 3, 2012, at the Star Island Corporation office. All qualified entrants are eligible to win one prize in their category. SIC employees and Board members are not eligible to win.