The following information is for those who are considering a small, quiet wedding on Star Island. One of Star Island’s most prominent features is our chapel, a simple stone meetinghouse built in 1800 on the highest point of land — a meaningful site in which to be married.
For dates, fees, and other information please download the 2012 Wedding Brochure.
- Full names of people to be married
- Complete contact information for people to be married (address, email, phone)
- First and second choice of ceremony date
- Number of guests in party (total number of guests not to exceed 50)
- Name of person conducting ceremony
- Number of changing rooms needed
- Are you requesting lanterns during your ceremony?
- Include a brief description of your ceremony plans
Once you’ve submitted the information on this checklist, your request is complete. We will respond as soon as possible. If your ceremony is approved, payment for services must be sent to our office within two weeks to confirm your reservation.
Once confirmed, please call the island at (603) 601-0832 one month before the scheduled wedding to be sure everything is in order. Ask to speak with the Island Registrar.
Reception: The grounds are available for picnicking with the expectation that you do your own clean up. In some cases, a small post-ceremony reception is possible for an additional fee please let us know well in advance if you are interested.
Services and Staff: Due to conference changeover, we are typically unable to offer staff services, equipment, or facilities beyond the use of the Chapel and two changing rooms.