This chronological check list will help you throughout the year as you plan your summer program.
- You will receive an email from us after the season ends with a request for your conference leadership structure. Please provide us with names, positions, contact information and term lengths for anyone in your conference’s leadership.
- By mid-November we will need a submission from your program for our program catalog (historically referred to as the “Blue Book”). This means you will need to know your theme, key speakers, minister of the week, registration fee, and any other information you want to include in this publication.
- Check StarIsland.org for your conference listing to make sure information is accurate.
- We will send you a letter of understanding confirming program dates, room and board rates and other policies and details for the upcoming year.
- Leadership is expected to attend the Chairs and Registrars Meeting held on a Saturday in mid-January. This will be the time you will learn the information you need about being a chair or registrar.
- Registration opens!
- By the end of the month, email Pam Smith at email@example.com with the name of someone from your conference who could serve as the Annual Fund Volunteer.
- Make sure you are subscribed to the Chairs and Registrars (starconf) listserv. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Reach out to any conferences who will share the island with you to coordinate meeting space usage and any collaborative activities.
- Start working on outreach efforts to old Shoalers and potential new Shoalers. Star Staff can help with this effort. Email email@example.com to create a plan or get help with mailing lists or creating flyers.
- Applications for the ISAUU Grant Program are due by 2/15.
- For Family Conferences: “Conference Youth Program Leader Agreement with Star Island” due mid-month
Two Weeks Prior to Your Program:
- Confirm conference freight (including social hour supplies) delivery plans with the Ally Miner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit Food Order Form to email@example.com in order to receive 5% discount.
- Submit conference schedule draft to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit names of any conference leaders who will be arriving early to Island Registrar, Michael Bray at email@example.com.
- Let Dave Brown know if you plan on selling conference t-shirts or gear by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
One Week Prior to Your Conference:
- Deadline to submit food order form to email@example.com
Day of/day before the conference:
- Social hour supplies should be brought to the dock in Portsmouth at a time arranged with Ally Miner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Arrival on island:
- Furnish Front Desk with list of conferees who are authorized to charge items to the conference bill and to a conference bill at the Shops of Star Island.
- Main season conferences arriving on Saturday: attend planning meeting at 10:15 a.m. in the Writing Room. All other conferences: check in with Conferences Services in the lobby 15 minutes prior to dinner on your arrival day.
- Appropriate conference staff picks up Newton closet key at Front Desk.
- Drop off conference t-shirts or gear at the Gift Shop
Before you leave:
- Introduce us to next year’s chair!
- Pack up your conference storage and make an inventory list to pass on to next year’s chairs.
- Ensure all members of your conference have paid their bills in full. This includes conference and individual bills both at the Front Desk and the Shops of Star Island.
- Appropriate conference staff drops off Newton closet key at Front Desk.