Thank you for your interest in working on Star Island again! We are honored to have so many returning Pels who want to work for us.
Before you complete your application, please take a moment to review the following information that will help inform your application process:
- Dates of availability are an important aspect in our hiring process. With few exceptions, we aim to hire employees who can be available for the start of training and orientation on June 12.
- Our need to staff effectively for EOS and provide consistent service to our guests requires us to give special attention to leave dates when hiring. We encourage you to carefully consider the dates of availability you list on your application as you will be held to them, if hired. We want to make sure you know that if you leave the island prior to the leaving date in your employment agreement, it is unlikely you will be hired in the future (extenuating circumstances, in the sole discretion of the Island Manager/hiring team, may be excepted). If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us during the application process.
- While our season runs through September 19, ideally the majority of our employees will be able to stay through LOAS 2 (August 26 or even later.) We know that it is nice to have some time at home between Star and college however, we expect applicants to commit to working on Star, as they would any job, and list a realistic departure date on their application.
- As you know, many of the positions listed are small crews or “crews of one”. By only applying for small crews or specialized positions, you will be limiting your hiring possibilities. We encourage you to apply for as many positions (up to 10) in which you would be happy working.
- The Dock Attendant and Harbor Launch Operator positions require specific certifications or licensing. If you do not have the certification necessary, please do not apply for these roles. Applicants who apply for these roles should send a copy of their certification or license to our office.
- We encourage all applicants to send in a supplementary cover letter and/or resume to accompany their application. That can be mailed to our office or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are applying for a supervisor or supervisory level position, a cover letter and resume are expected.
- If you have an questions regarding applying to work on Star Island, please contact our Office Manager, Kate Brady at: email@example.com
Warning: the on-line application form will time out after 10 minutes. If you do not receive a confirmation email your application has not submitted correctly.