Based on recent changes to CDC, State of NH, and other guidance, we are pleased to announce several updates to the COVID-19 policies for this season’s conferees and employees. Please note that every overnight guest must show either proof of full vaccination (2+ weeks after final dose) or a negative PCR test result at the dock.
For those that are fully vaccinated (2+ weeks after final dose):
- Masks and social distancing will not be required outdoors (but are still required indoors, on the front porch of the hotel – where many people congregate – and while boarding/disembarking the ferry)
- COVID-19 testing prior to arrival will not be required
- Proof of vaccination will be required
For those that are not fully vaccinated (including children):
- Individuals must either be distanced 6’+ or wearing a mask when outdoors
- Proof of a recent (within 72 hours) negative PCR test result will be required (please reach out to our island medical team at FAS@starisland.org if you would like assistance lining up a test). If you have tested positive for COVID-19 within 90 days of arrival, please email FAS@starisland.orgfor alternate instructions.
All overnight guests MUST either provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test result in order to board the ferry to Star Island.
Recognizing that Star Island is a public/congregate setting, and that there will be unvaccinated people on island this summer (including children), masks will remain mandatory for everyone (regardless of vaccination status) when indoors, on the front porch, and while boarding/disembarking the ferry. We will continue to evaluate our health and safety protocols as the situation with the pandemic evolves and we monitor how things are going this summer. We are exploring the implementation of dining “pods”/assigned seating at meal times – stay tuned! Please see https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/covid19/documents/fully-vaccinated-guidance.pdf for more information.
Alternative Travel Plan: Every person (regardless of vaccination status) should make a plan for the possibility of leaving the island early that is relevant to their situation. Star Island will provide boat transportation from Star Island to Portsmouth. Please see our FAQ page for more information.
Vaccination Policy: All employees and overnight guests age 16 and up are expected to be fully vaccinated (2+ weeks after final dose) against COVID-19 prior to coming to Star Island, and to furnish proof of vaccination (e.g. your Vaccination Record Card). If this poses a challenge/issue for you, please reach out to our medical staff at FAS@starisland.org. Children 12-15 years old are expected to be fully vaccinated (2+ weeks after final dose) against COVID-19 in time for their conference as they are able and to furnish proof of vaccination (e.g. their Vaccination Record Card). We understand this may not be possible for everyone (e.g. some may have received only one vaccine dose before arriving to the island).
The safety of everyone on Star Island remains our top priority. Questions or concerns may be directed to our medical staff at FAS@starisland.org. For more information, please see our 2021 update and FAQ page.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Star Island this summer!