SCHOONER ADVENTURE EXPEDITIONS TO STAR ISLAND
June 19 thru June 21, 2019 Summer Solstice Sail and / or August 26 thru August 28, 2019 Summer Wind Sail
• SAIL Schooner-Adventure to the Isles of Shoals and back.
• HELP the crew, raise & trim the sails, navigate, and steer.
• WATCH for whales, dolphins, seals, and spot seabirds.
• STAY at the historic Star Island Hotel; enjoy island life.
• ENJOY homemade meals, family style – grand dining.
• TOUR the Isles & Appledore’s Shoals Marine Laboratory.
• ATTEND Hotel Conference Program activities and lectures.
• EXPLORE Celia Thaxter’s Gardens of the colonial era.
• ENTERTAIN hotel guests sailing on Adventure.
• CELEBRATE the Summer Solstice or Summer Wind at Star Island
RELIVE Adventure’s windjammer days, experience the joys of schooner sailing with billowing sails and healing in salty breezes on our magnificent 122’ tall ship. Share Gloucester’s pride in her flagship, an historic Gloucesterman, a dory fishing schooner, and the former Queen of the Maine Windjammer fleet.
STAR ISLAND HOTEL
DISCOVER, delight, and unwind in a unique and beautiful setting leaving the mainland life behind. Find a rocking chair, read your favorite book, enjoy sunrises, have coffee, and enjoy the company of guests on the shady porch. See why famous impressionist Childe Hassam was so inspired and painted his master works of these Isles. On Appledore Island see the home site of Celia Thaxter sponsor of musicians, artists, and authors of the Gilded Age. Tour her gardens and the Shoals Marine Labs of Cornell and UNH. Discover and perhaps solve the old mysteries of Smuttynose Island. Participate in other Hotel Conference Programs. Birdwatch and explore. Enjoy a
cooling swim and row a skiff in Gosport Harbor. While at Star Island other Hotel guests will be invited to sail aboard Adventure.
Families with their children are encouraged to attend, especially children 12 and up who have an interest in sailing.
The Adventure Captain, Cruise Director, Docents, and Audubon birder will lead teaching, learning, and active participation activities while sailing to and from Star Island and while staying at the Hotel. Sea chantey singing encouraged. Celebration events for the June Summer Solstice or August Summer Wind.
Stephen Hall, Cruise Director
$395 per adult includes sailing to and from Star Island, a day sail on the lay day, meals and snacks aboard, and an Adventure souvenir.
$295 for children 12-17. Some activities will appear as hotel registration options with separate fees. Ask Adventure about younger children.
Room and Board Rates
|Schooner||Standard Shared||Standard Single|