Step back from the distractions of life and dedicate a special time to reflection and renewal. Gathering together, we will co-create a supportive space in which each of us can focus on individual aspects of spiritual growth. Our simple format is designed to provide the key features of conducive retreat:
- Intentional community & mutual support
- Programming that promotes spiritual development & healing
- Opportunities for silence, meditation and stillness
- Time to commune with nature
- Encouragement to practice being present
- Healthy eating and environment
- A focus on spiritual & vocational discernment
In other words, it’s a great place to do some “soulwork”. What’s soulwork? It’s just whatever you are working on in yourself at this point in your life, on the road to becoming a healthy, whole and integrated person. Just bring yourself and your process. Examples of soulwork you might bring (or find waiting for you):
- Taking up a spiritual practice or path … or deepening your devotion to one
- Prevent (or recover from) caregiver burnout
- Further your recovery process
- Clarifying your sense of calling or vocation
- Or simply asking “what’s next?” and seeing what happens!
In keeping with Star Island tradition, it will be a “vacation with a purpose.” We will spend mornings and evenings making formal efforts together, in meditation and workshops. In between, we will set ourselves free to enjoy the afternoon sun.The concept of this retreat is simple: step back from the distractions of life and dedicate a special time to reflection and renewal.
Speaker & Minister of the Week
Rev. David Scheuneman, Spiritual Director at Studio Zero, Las Vegas, NV
Room & Board Rates
These rates include lodging, meals, and ferry transportation.
|Soulwork||Standard Shared||Standard Single||Motel Shared||Motel Single|
Tuesday, July 31
Departure: Portsmouth 12:25 p.m.
Saturday, August 4
Departure: Star Island 8:20 a.m.
Contact Rev. David Scheuneman at Dave@StudioZero.org, (702) 530-9376