To be employed on Star Island this summer, you must provide the following information to our Portsmouth office. This paperwork should be submitted to us as soon as possible but no later than one month before your start of employment. We must have all of your paperwork completed, signed, and in our possession before you are permitted to be employed by us.
- A completed and signed W-4 form (download form)
- A completed and signed I-9 form(download form)
- With your I-9 form, please include copies of the necessary IDs as outlined on page three of the form.
- Please see more details below regarding the I-9 form.
- A completed and signed Star Island Employee Health form (download form)
- With your health form, please provide a copy of your health insurance card, and a copy of your COVID vaccine card.
- A completed and signed Sexual Offender Record Information form (download form)
- A completed and signed Personnel Handbook Acknowledgement page (download form)
- If you live in Massachusetts (download form) or Maine (download form) please complete the state-specific tax forms
Optionally, you may complete, sign, and submit the “Paychex” Direct Deposit form. Be sure to include a voided check, bank letter, or specification sheet, as specified on the form- we cannot process your direct deposit without one of those documents. (download form)
Another optional form is our Photo Release Form. We hope you will consider completing this form. (download form)
Additionally, as we work with the public at SIC and have families with children on the island, employment is contingent on a clean background check. Criminal background checks are a necessary part of being hired at SIC and are not meant to offend or to invade privacy, merely to assure the safety of employees and guests that come to the island. You will be emailed a link to complete the background check; your quick response to the email will help us expedite your hiring process.
For the I-9 form, we are required to view your IDs to complete certification of the I-9 form. No one can work for Star who does not submit the required identification.
Typically, this is done in-person during the check-in process on your arrival day. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be continuing to do this in a safer, alternative manner this year.
- All employees should include copies of their IDs (either their passport or 2 forms of ID- one from each column B and C on page 3 of the I-9 form) when they send in their employment paperwork.
- For employees who have worked for us in the past 3 years (2021, 2020, or 2019) - we have already viewed the IDs for your I-9 form in-person and can recertify the information that we have on file. It will not be necessary to do that again for this year.
- For employees who are new to Star this year or who worked for Star prior to 2019 - we will need to view the IDs to be able to certify the form. We will be doing this in a very quick Zoom meeting with you once we have received your employment paperwork. We will contact you to set that up.
Below you will also find some additional information to familiarize you with Star Island living and to ensure you have adequate time to review pertinent Star Island personnel policies. Please take the time to carefully review the following documents:
- 2022 Island Living
- Star Island Corporation Personnel Handbook
- 2022 Star Island Corporation Organizational Chart
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
If you have questions regarding paperwork submission requirements or employment terms, please contact the Office Manager at the Star Island Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 430-6272.