To be employed on Star Island this summer, you must provide the following information to our Portsmouth office. This paperwork should be submitted to us as soon as possible but no later than one month before your start of employment. We must have all of your paperwork completed, signed, and in our possession before you are permitted to be employed by us.
- A completed and signed 2020 W-4 Form
- A completed and signed I-9 Form (Find I-9 Instructions here)
- A completed and signed Star Island Employee Health Form 2020
- A completed and signed SORI Request Form
- A completed and signed 2020 Handbook Acknowledgment Page
- If you live in Massachusetts, a completed and signed Massachusetts Resident Tax Form
- If you live in Maine, a completed and signed Maine Resident Tax Form
Optionally, you may complete, sign and submit the “Paychex” Direct Deposit form. Be sure to include a voided check, bank letter, or specification sheet, as specified on the form- we cannot process your direct deposit without one of those documents. (download form)
Additionally, as we work with the public at SIC and have families with children on the island, employment is contingent on a clean background check. Criminal background checks are a necessary part of being hired at SIC and are not meant to offend or to invade privacy, merely to assure the safety of employees and guests that come to the island. You will be emailed a link to complete the background check; your quick response to the email will help us expedite your hiring process.