Star Island Corporation welcomes everybody to Star Island.
We also want to ensure that all conferees understand that although many places on Star are wheelchair accessible, and we are dedicated to making even more places on Star accessible in this way, some places can be reached only via stairs or a rocky path, and negotiating this terrain, even with assistance, might not always be possible.
Provided Services and Supplies
- Bed rails, walking sticks, walkers, and wheelchairs are available on the island. See the front desk or email email@example.com if you would like to use one of these during your stay.
- Wheelchair accessible and first floor bedrooms are available. While Star Island does not guarantee availability of any specific rooms or room types, priority is given to those with self-identified accessibility or medical needs. The assignment of accessibility rooms, first-floor rooms and motel units will be prioritized based on a variety of factors including but not limited to, communication of need, availability of accommodations, and registration date.
- Accessible restrooms and showers are available.
- The Vicmobile, our motorized vehicle can transport passengers from the dock up to the main buildings and to other locations throughout your stay.
- Conferees are invited to arrive early for the departure boat if you would like a little more time for parking and unloading luggage. You are also welcome to skip to the front of the ferry boarding line.
- Please feel free to enter the dining room a few minutes before meals begin.
Improving accessibility on the island is very important to us! Please let us know if you have any ideas for improvements – big or small. Email Justina Maji, Conference Center Director.