If full room and board would preclude you and your family from attending a conference, please review the information on this page or contact the island registrar with questions.
Applications to the grant program are confidential. Information you provide is held in the strictest confidence and will only viewed by our Financial Grant Committee, the Conference's Grant Committee (with your permission), and the Island Registrar.
Fill out the application form and your application will be reviewed for a grant from all available sources.
We are offering a combined application for guests that will be considered by the Star Island Corporation grant funding and participating conference grant programs. We are all excited to collaborate to make the process easier for our guests. Conferences participating in the shared application process are:
- Young Adults Conference
- Star Arts Conference
- ISHRA June Conference
- Natural History Week
- IRAS Conference
- All Star 2
- Faith Development Week
- Building Bridges
- International Affairs Conference
- Star Gathering 1
- Star Gathering 2
- Youth Empowerment and Spirituality
- LOAS 1
- LOAS 2
- Pel Reunion
- Star Gathering Family Weekend
- ISHRA Sept Conference
- Star Women
If your conference is not on the list, you can still fill out the grant application and be considered for a grant from the Star Island Corporation - if there is a separate application form for your conference below, you can also fill that out.
Application deadlines are as follow:
|Conference Start Date
||Decisions Emailed By
|Before August 27, 2023
|On or after August 27, 2023
Financial Grant Application
Please consider the following when applying for grants
- Financial grants typically will only cover a portion of room and board, not the full amount. Also, grants do not cover any programming fees required by the conference.
- Financial grant applicants are encouraged to register for the conference they wish to attend. However, if doing so presents a financial hardship, we do not require that you do so.**
- When applicable, grant applications will be considered by both the Star Island Corporation and the conference grant programs. You may be awarded a grant from both the conference and SIC based on your need.
- There is no limit on how many years you can apply.
**If you choose not to register in advance, please let us know so we can work to ensure a space remains available at the conference. Contact the Island Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know your name and the conference you hope to attend.
Information about Conference Scholarship Programs
Information about the individual conference scholarship programs can be found here. The majority of these use the shared application found above.
ISAUU Clergy Grants
Financial grants are available through the Isles of Shoals Association Unitarian Universalist (ISAUU) for Unitarian Universalist Ministers who have never attended a Star Island conference. More information about the ISAUU’s Clergy Grant program can be found at https://www.shoals.org/clergy-grants/