Thank you for being so interested in working on Star Island! Star Island is a special place, and we are so excited that you are interested in being part of the staff.
Before you complete your application, please take a moment to review the following information that will help inform your application process:
- Due to the nature of employment which require both living and working on Star Island for the summer and due to some of the responsibilities required for the jobs, we hire people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Dates of availability are an important aspect in our hiring process. With few exceptions, we aim to hire employees who can be available for the start of training and orientation on June 11.
- Our ability to staff effectively and provide consistent service to our guests requires us to give special attention to leave dates when hiring. We encourage you to carefully consider the dates of availability you list on your application as you will be held to them, if hired. While our season runs through September 17, ideally the majority of our employees will be able to stay through August 26 or later.
- Most of our first-year staff members typically work on the following crews: Housekeeping Crew, Kitchen Crew, Snack Bar Crew, or Waitrae/Dish Crew. If you have specific skills or interest in some of the other positions listed, please be sure to include it on your application.
- We encourage all applicants to send in a supplementary cover letter and/or resume to accompany their application. That can be uploaded with your application, emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to our office.
- The Truck/Waterfront Crew and Harbor Launch Operator positions require specific certifications or licensing. You must have or obtain a lifeguard certification prior to the start of the season if you are hired for the Truck/Waterfront Crew. If you do not have the certification or are unwilling to obtain it, do not apply for this crew. Applicants who apply for these roles should provide a copy of their certification or license to our office.
- If you have any questions regarding applying to work on Star Island, please contact our hiring manager, Kate Brady at: email@example.com (603) 430-6272
If you need a hard copy application and do not have access to a printer, please let us know.
Please note: If you have never worked on Star Island, you must submit two reference forms. These could be from an employer/supervisor, professor, advisor or school guidance counselor, principal, teacher, minister or religious education director, etc. References from family members will not be considered. Additional peer or character references (beyond 2 required references) are encouraged.
For your application to be considered complete both references must be received. Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all of their application materials by January 31st.
At Star Island we appreciate the value and richness of different perspectives and experiences. We constantly strive to be a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We work to make you feel welcomed and engaged as a valued member of the team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Star Island will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.