Thank you for your interest in working on Star Island!
To account for the continued presence of COVID-19, there will be health and safety protocols in place on Star Island that must be strictly adhered to in order to have a safe and successful conference season, as we did in 2021.
If you have specific questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you complete your application, please take a moment to review the following information that will help inform your application process:
- Due to the nature of employment which require both living and working on Star Island for the summer and due to some of the responsibilities required for the jobs, we hire people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Dates of availability are an important aspect in our hiring process. With few exceptions, we aim to hire employees who can be available for the start of training and orientation on June 13.
- Our ability to staff effectively and provide consistent service to our guests requires us to give special attention to leave dates when hiring. We encourage you to carefully consider the dates of availability you list on your application as you will be held to them, if hired. While our season runs through September 20, ideally the majority of our employees will be able to stay through August 28 or later.
- Most of our first-year staff members typically work on the following crews: Housekeeping Crew, Kitchen Crew, Snack Bar Crew or Waitrae. If you have specific skills or interest in some of the other positions listed, please be sure to include it on your application.
- We encourage all applicants to send in a supplementary cover letter and/or resume to accompany their application. That can be mailed to our office or emailed to: email@example.com.
- The Truck/Waterfront Crew and Harbor Launch Operator positions require specific certifications or licensing. You must have or obtain a lifeguard certification prior to the start of the season if you are hired for the Truck/Waterfront Crew. If you do not have the certification or are unwilling to obtain it, do not apply for this crew. Applicants who apply for these roles should send a copy of their certification or license to our office.
- If you have an questions regarding applying to work on Star Island, please contact our Office Manager, Kate Brady at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to begin filling out your application: 2022 Pelican Application
Or download a hard copy of the application: 2022 Pelican Application
If you need a hard copy application and do not have access to a printer, please let us know.
Please note: If you have never worked on Star Island, you must submit two reference forms. These could be from an employer/supervisor, professor, advisor or school guidance counselor, principal, teacher, minister or religious education director, etc. References from family members will not be considered. Additional peer or character references (beyond 2 required references) are encouraged.
Your application will be considered incomplete if both references are not received or postmarked by January 31st.
Please provide your references the link to our online reference form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SICreference
Or download a hard copy of the reference form: Pelican Reference Form
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ALCOHOL USE ON STAR ISLAND:
Safe and legal use of alcohol is an essential part of the community we are creating on Star Island. In this spirit, we want to notify potential applicants of the following:
If you are under 21 years of age, you are committing to not having any alcohol for the summer. Do not apply to work on Star Island if you are unwilling to 100% commit to this.
If you are 21 years of age or older, you are committing to the following – do not apply to work on Star Island if you are unwilling to 100% commit to these:
- Responsible/safe alcohol consumption;
- Never providing an underage person with alcohol (to do so = immediate dismissal).