Thank you for your interest in working on Star Island again! We are honored to have so many returning Pels who want to work for us.
Before you complete your application, please take a moment to review the following information that will help inform your application process:
- Dates of availability are an important aspect in our hiring process. With few exceptions, we aim to hire employees who can be available for the start of training and orientation on June 13.
- Our need to staff effectively for EOS and provide consistent service to our guests requires us to give special attention to leave dates when hiring. We encourage you to carefully consider the dates of availability you list on your application as you will be held to them, if hired. We want to make sure you know that if you leave the island prior to the leaving date in your employment agreement, it is unlikely you will be hired in the future (extenuating circumstances, in the sole discretion of the Island Manager/hiring team, may be excepted). If you have any questions about this, please do not hesitate to contact us during the application process.
- While our season runs through September 19, ideally the majority of our employees will be able to stay through LOAS 2 (August 27) or even later. We know that it is nice to have some time at home between Star and college however, we expect applicants to commit to working on Star, as they would any job, and list a realistic departure date on their application.
- As you know, many of the positions listed are small crews or “crews of one”. By only applying for small crews or specialized positions, you will be limiting your hiring possibilities. We encourage you to apply for as many positions (up to 10) as you would be happy working.
- We encourage all applicants to send in a supplementary cover letter and/or resume to accompany their application. That can be mailed to our office or emailed to: email@example.com. If you are applying for a supervisor or supervisory level position or are interested in being considered for a community leadership role, a cover letter and resume are expected.
- The Truck/Waterfront Crew and Harbor Launch Operator positions require specific certifications or licensing. You must have or obtain a lifeguard certification prior to the start of the season if you are hired for the Truck/Waterfront Crew. If you do not have the certification or are unwilling to obtain it, do not apply for this crew. Applicants who apply for these roles should send a copy of their certification or license to our office.
If you have any questions regarding applying to work on Star Island, please contact our hiring manager, Kate Brady at: firstname.lastname@example.org (603) 430-6272
Click here to begin filling out your application or download a hard copy of the application.
If you need a hard copy application and do not have access to a printer, please let us know.
At Star Island we appreciate the value and richness of different perspectives and experiences. We constantly strive to be a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We work to make you feel welcomed and engaged as a valued member of the team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Star Island will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.