This chronological check list will help you throughout the year as you plan your summer program.
- You will receive an email from us after the season ends with a request for your conference leadership structure. Please provide us with names, positions, contact information and term lengths for anyone in your conference’s leadership.
- By mid-November we will need a submission from your program for our program catalog (historically referred to as the “Blue Book”). This means you will need to know your theme, key speakers, minister of the week, registration fee, and any other information you want to include in this publication.
- Check StarIsland.org for your conference listing to make sure information is accurate.
- We will send you a letter of understanding confirming program dates, room and board rates and other policies and details for the upcoming year.
- Leadership is expected to attend the Chairs and Registrars Meeting held on a Saturday in early January. This will be the time you will learn the information you need about being a chair or registrar.
- Registration opens!
- By the end of the month, email Peter Squires at email@example.com with the name of someone from your conference who could serve as the Annual Fund Volunteer.
- Make sure you are subscribed to the Chairs and Registrars (starconf) listserv. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Reach out to any conferences who will share the island with you to coordinate meeting space usage and any collaborative activities.
- Start working on outreach efforts to old Shoalers and potential new Shoalers. Star Staff can help with this effort. Email Ally Miner email@example.com to create a plan or get help with mailing lists or creating flyers.
- Applications for the ISAUU Grant Program are due by 2/15.
Two Weeks Prior to Your Program:
- Confirm conference freight (including social hour supplies) delivery plans by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirm by email to Conference Services email@example.com that your Conference Schedule and Food Order Form drafts are completed.
- Submit names of any conference leaders who will be arriving early to Island Registrar, Michael Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let Dave Brown know if you plan on selling conference t-shirts or gear by emailing email@example.com
- For Family Conferences: Complete SORI checks on youth staff and let Justina Maji know if any staff appears in the registry.
- If you haven’t yet, designate a social hour coordinator, and make sure they have all of the information they need.
Day of/day before the conference:
- Social hour supplies should be brought to the dock in Portsmouth at a time arranged with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrival on island:
- Main season conferences arriving on Saturday: attend planning meeting at 10:15 a.m. in the Writing Room. All other conferences: check in with Conferences Services in the lobby 15 minutes prior to dinner on your arrival day.
- Appropriate conference staff picks up Newton closet key at Front Desk.
- Drop off conference t-shirts or gear at the Gift Shop
Before you leave:
- Introduce us to next year’s chair!
- Pack up your conference storage and make an inventory list to pass on to next year’s chairs.
- Ensure all members of your conference have paid their bills (front desk and shops) in full.
- Appropriate conference staff drops off Newton closet key at Front Desk.