Monthly Archives: June 2013

Conference Updates

Boat Changes for Programs Through June 23

Due to river traffic limitations over the next several weeks, some Star Island programs will be going to and from Rye Harbor instead of using our normal operations out of Portsmouth aboard the M/V Thomas Laighton. The following groups will travel aboard the M/V Granite State out of Rye Harbor: Yearly Adult’s Conference 4-Night –… Read more >

On the Island

Gosport Regatta Postponed to September 28

Dear Gosport Regatta Faithful, As much as we delayed to hope for improvement in the forecast it did not. Safety first whether on the Laighton or in the competition. Piscataqua Sailing Association reps, Star Island staff, and the Isles of Shoals Steamship Company are unanimous in our decision to POSTPONE this event until September 28-29… Read more >

On the Island

Gosport Regatta Weather Update

Star Island is keeping track of a storm forming in the Gulf of Mexico that may require a postponement of the Gosport Regatta schedule for Saturday, June 8. We will know by the end of Wednesday, June 5 if the Regatta must be postponed and will post a notice at that time with further information…. Read more >