Star Island welcomes guests to visit in late August to take part in the Star Island Experience Week via one of three special packages.
- Star Island Experience Full Week — Saturday, August 24 to Saturday, August 31
- Star Island Experience Early Week — Saturday, August 24 to Tuesday, August 27
- Star Island Experience Late Week — Wednesday, August 28 to Saturday, August 31
Experience Week guests can take part in a variety of activities including:
- Morning Meditations.
- Learn about local fishing history and tales of mystery with Isles of Shoals history talks.
- Nick Page leads guests in island-wide singing workshops.
- On Tuesday, August 27 at 3 PM, celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech.
- Join the Blue Ocean Society for a shore clean-up and learn about keeping the Gulf of Maine clean.
- Watch a staff talent show in the Oceanic Hotel lobby.
- Visit the Rutledge Marine Lab to explore Star Island’s natural history every day from 8 AM – 4 PM.
- See Celia Thaxter’s original pottery and ephemera from Shoals history at the Vaughn Cottage Library and Thaxter Museum from 1-3 PM every day.
The Star Island Experience Week is purposefully planned for people with varying interests seeking a distinct vacation to remember for a lifetime. Register online today to take part in one of these unique 2013 packages.
Rates for the early and late packages start at $382 per person for a double room. The full week package starts at $850 per person for a double room. Room and board rates include transportation aboard scheduled M/V Thomas Laighton ferries out of Portsmouth, housing, and all meals on island.