You can now visit Star Island for a walking tour or for the entire day (on weekends) in summer 2021!
We are excited to welcome visitors back to Star Island this season. To help keep all island visitors safe and to limit the spread of COVID-19, Star Island has implemented protocols in accordance with CDC Guidelines and NH Best Practices Guidance. Following these few simple precautions should not detract from your time on Star and will help ensure we can continue to allow the public to enjoy the island this season.
- While boarding and disembarking from tour vessels all visitors are required to wear a mask and maintain 6’+ distance from those not in their group.
- If you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 please keep your mask on when you can not maintain social distancing from other guests or island staff. Otherwise you are free to remove your mask once you have made your way off the pier.
- If you are unvaccinated, please keep your mask on at all times.
- Guests staying briefly on Star Island (walking tour, approx 1 hr) – Restrooms are available on the vessel which brought you to Star island. There are no restroom facilities on island but your tour vessel will remain at the pier during your tour for your convenience.
- On weekends from June 26th – August 22nd guests have the option of enjoying Star Island for the entire day! Please use designated restrooms on the island at the Brookfield building (see map on Pier).
- In order to provide separation between our overnight guests, who are taking additional precautions to come to the island, day visitors unfortunately will not have access to the buildings, porches, etcetera with the exception of the restrooms in Brookfield (see map on Pier).
Although things will be different, we are committed to making the day visitor experience a pleasant one.
- We have added many picnic tables and Adirondack chairs which will be available to day visitor guests
- On most days starting June 26, the Gosport Grill will be open (weather dependent) for lunch, with extended hours on weekends. Of course, day visitor guests are always welcome to pack a picnic lunch.
- We are hoping to continue to expand access to island favorites such as the Rutledge Marine Lab, the Shops on Star, Vaughn Cottage and the like as guidance and conditions allow so stay tuned for updates!