On Saturday, November 19, Star Island will host the annual Starry Night benefit. This fun, social event held in 2009 and 2010 was attended by about 200 and raised an average of $6,000 after expenses from ticket sales and commissions on art.
This year we figured out a way for everyone to be part of the fun no matter where you live by creating a Starry Night-A-Thon. Shoalers near and far are welcome to organize your own Starry Night event and join in the fun in your own region.
- What would it involve to be part of the Starry Night-A-Thon?
- Find a space (your church or your home, depending on number of guests)
- Plan a program (options include music, art exhibit, Star Island video or slide show, invite a guest speaker, or view “Weight of Water” about the Smuttynose murders starring Sean Penn)
- Arrange for refreshments (dessert and coffee, pot luck finger foods, spaghetti supper, or other simple options)
- Track down other shoalers in your region to co-host
- Ask for a donation at the door ($20 suggested) to benefit Star Island
- Get out invitations by going viral on the internet! Or contact the SIC Development Office for a list of shoalers in your area
If you are interested in being part of the Starry-Night-A-Thon social and raising some money for Star Island in the process, please contact the Development Office to make arrangements by calling (603) 430-6272 or emailing email@example.com for more information.