Star Island Corporation

Boat Travel on Friday, September 11

We will update this page with up-to-date information when it is available.

Update 10:11 AM 9/11/15:
Great news! We received word from the Thomas Laighton staff and our own boat staff that sea conditions have improved sooner than expected to allow us to say the Thomas Laighton will run from Portsmouth today!

The Laighton will depart Portsmouth at 1:55 PM. Please check in at the dock between 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM.

If, for whatever reason, you need to travel to Star Island tomorrow, please know there is a Laighton departing Portsmouth at 9:55 AM. Contact Mike Bray ( if you need to arrive tomorrow instead.

Safety is our chief concern and we thank you for your patience.

Update 8:41 AM 9/11/15:
Overnight the sea forecast took an unexpected turn with predicted wave heights increasing.

The Thomas Laighton is unlikely to run today; however, the Laighton staff will make a final decision at 12:30 PM today. At that time, we will communicate with you if the boat is able to run and at what time.

Weather conditions for Saturday are much better and we will share details of Saturday’s boats with you if needed.

Thank you for your patience as we try to work with Mother Nature; we hope to share better news with you later today.

Update 3:54 PM 9/10/15:
The recently updated marine forecast has improved significantly. After consulting with buy tramadol online with mastercard staff from the Isles of Shoals Steamship Company, we are happy to report the conference boat will most likely run as planned at 12:55 PM on Friday, September 11. This page will be updated by 8:45 AM tomorrow morning.

Updated 1:23 PM 9/10/15:
A new forecast of sea conditions is expected at 3 PM.

Updated 11:01 AM 9/10/15:
There is currently a 50/50 chance conference boats will run as schedule tomorrow.

Updated 10:47 AM 9/10/15:
Hello shoalers!

New England weather is keeping us on our toes! We are following tomorrow’s forecast as it changes.

The way it looks now may mean a delay in the boat run to the island tomorrow – for a couple of hours, or worst case, until the morning on Saturday.

We will update you as we get closer, but in the meantime, if you would prefer to come out today, you may do so at a discounted rate of $100. There will be a couple of runs out to the island, which you are welcome to use. One is at 1:20 and another will be at 5pm.

If you would like to come out today, please send an email to Mike Bray ( saying which boat you plan on taking.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you on the island!

In Star spirit,

Justina Kone Maji
Conference Center Director
Star Island