Starry Night is, very simply, a fundraiser for Star Island. Through ticket sales and vendor fees, Star Island raises money to support our non-profit mission. Vendor fees? Yes, we have a number of vendors who will be sharing their crafts during Starry Night. Crafters in 2013 include Joe Watts III, Sarah O’Connor, Paulette Semprini, Diane Terragni, and Roberta Horsman. Come to Starry Night to mingle, browse (and purchase) crafts, and eat some delicious food provided by our friends at Dos Amigos. New in 2013 is First Star, which will start about an hour before Starry Night as a pre-event featuring David Whitford. Besides being a long-time Shoaler, David is also an editor with Fortune magazine and he will be leading a talk on one of his recent articles. First Star leads right into Starry Night, so a full evening of fun is guaranteed.
First thing: come to Portsmouth! Portsmouth will be buzzing this weekend, so thanks for choosing Starry Night. If you need to stay overnight, call the Best Western Wynwood Hotel (603-436-7600) on the Portsmouth traffic circle for a 25% discounted rate. And now that you’re in Portsmouth:
Saturday, November 16
- 9:00 AM – Enjoy breakfast at Colby’s Restaurant. There will probably be a line, but the food is delicious.
- 10:30 AM – Take a drive along US RT 1-A through the town of Rye, NH and take a glimpse of the Isles of Shoals. Our winter buy dapoxetine online caretaker is on-island tending to matters, so know that everything is safe. Stop at one of the turn-offs and take a picture. If you strike a pose just right, it could even look like you’re holding Star Island.
- 11:30 AM – The Seacoast Science Center is open for visitors. Stop by and visit with our friends to learn more about the Gulf of Maine — just as if you were visiting our Rutledge Marine Lab during the summer.
- 1:00 PM – Portsmouth is celebrating Restaurant Week, so stop by one of the participating restaurants for lunch. You’ll be glad you did. And, you’ll know a great place to return to before or after your summer 2014 Star Island visit.
- 2:30 PM – Stroll the streets of Portsmouth. From independent booksellers to locally owned galleries, Portsmouth has a number of interesting and unique shops to pique your interest. And if you’re in need of something sweet, we suggest a stroll down the far end of State Street to visit either our favorite chocolate shop or cupcake bakery.
- 4:00 PM – Join with others in First Star at the Discover Portsmouth Center. Talk with David Whitford and others to discuss his recent article about one of China’s richest men. Click here to purchase First Star tickets
- 5:30 PM – Stroll into Starry Night’s craft gallery and see the beautiful creations our chosen vendors have brought. You’ll be entertained by the music of the Brown & White Band and dinner is provided by Dos Amigos.
- 8:00 PM – Starry Night concludes until next year and you’re free to gallivant around Portsmouth.
Thank you for spending the day with us!