Wrapping gifts – what a hassle, right? But you want to give the gift of Star Island this season, and trying to put a bow on the Oceanic Hotel just isn’t feasible. So do we have a deal for you: gift certificates. These nifty gift certificates are available online to purchase.
Oh, you think that’s crazy. Well, Celia Thaxter had a pet bear on Appledore Island – that’s crazy (and the truth).
Purchase Gift Certificates Online
But back to gift certificates. As you hand over that lovely paper gift certificate to your lucky friend or relative, this is what your gift symbolizes:
- A freshly made bed with crisp linens and warm blankets
- Three hearty meals a day
- A hotel steeped in history and lore
- The chance to be less than ten miles from the mainland, but seemingly a world away
- Peaceful moments exploring rugged beauty
- A chance to ponder over stories about buried treasure and ghosts
That’s pretty great as it is. To top it off, everyone who uses a gift card is treated to the following sounds at no extra charge:
- The poetic calls of seagulls
- The soothing reverberations of the bell buoy
- The playful splashes of waves
Best part – no more pet bears!
So, in conclusion: purchase a Star Island gift certificate. Simple.
P.S.: Some guidelines for figuring out a dollar amount to purchase. An overnight guest or personal retreater pays about $175 per person/per night. If the person you’re giving a gift certificate to attends one of our 7-night summer programs, room and board rates for adults are about $850 per person. Room and board rates include all meals while on island.